Date & Location
- Sunday, February 28, 2016
- 7:30 a.m. sharp – 5K Run & Fun Walk Start
- Boca Grande Community Center
The grand prize is a two person, two night accommodations including deluxe room, breakfast daily, and one round of golf with cart at the historic Gasparilla Inn and Club. The grand prize is valued at $1500. Lots of door prizes will be given away but you must be present to win.
The Run & Walk
Join us for an island run through historic Boca Grande. Start your run at the Boca Grande Community Center (on the National Register of Historic Places), see beautiful views of Charlotte Harbor, past the famous Gasparilla Inn, along scenic Gilchrist Avenue (lined with palm trees) and finishes on Banyan Street (named for the very large trees that line both sides of the street). Refreshments will be available during the post race activities at the Community Center.
Palm Lined Path
Your Finish Line
- 19 & up – early registration from 12/21/15 until 2/8/16 – $20.00 (includes shirt)
- 18 & under – early registration from 12/21/15 until 2/8/16 – $15.00 (includes shirt)
- After 2/8/16, registration for all runners and walkers is $25 and DOES NOT include a shirt
- Day of the event registration is from 6:00 – 7:00 a.m.
- No refund of race entries. Please note that Gasparilla Island is accessed by a toll bridge
Age Divisions & Awards
Awards will be given to the first, second and third place male and female winners in each age division: 8 & under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, and 75+. Special awards will be given for the male & female overall, master (40+), grandmaster (50+), senior grandmaster (60+), veteran master (70+) and Youth 14 & under winners.
Shirts will be given to all participants who register by 2/8/16. Shirts will not be given to participants who register after 2/8/16.
CLICK HERE to register and pay. Alternatively you can download the registration form here.
A portion of the proceeds goes to help support programs offered at the Boca Grande Community Center.
For more information email email@example.com or call 941-964-2564.